Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BEACH!

One simple word.....BEACH! Seriously, for all of us that are fortunate enough to be able to get in the car and drive away while our little ones fall asleep and then unload them into the sand with the waves crashing behind us, life is wonderful. It was one of the those days for me. I love the in-laws but when you live 5ft away from them it can get a little crowded at times. I love my nephews but when they are crabby and mine is crabby, it's a good day for....BEACH! So that is what I did. I called up one of my bestest friends Megan and climbed in the car and away we went, little guy and all. For those that are lucky enough to be able to get to Pleasure Pizza (off of 41st) Tuesday is a great day because cheese slices are only $1. This allows you to be the good friend and buy lunch and not go over budget, I love it. Although my little one does not like to get to close to the water he loves the sand, and I mean loves it. He doesn't eat as much as he used to but he still gets his fair share in his clothes and in mine. The best part is that I feel so refreshed when I get home and he is so ready for a nap, that the rest of my day just glides on through. If you are not as fortunate as those of us who have such a getaway, I do apologize and I hope you find your own oasis wherever you may be. We all need one no matter where we live. Sometimes it may seem overwhelming to take all your kids but whenever I feel that way I just remember my mom piling all four of us plus friends into the van and taking us all by herself, my mom kicked but and personally I would like my kids to look back and feel the same way about me. So when I feel like it might be to much I just tell myself to suck it up, put together a PB sandwich, throw in a sippy cup and get in that car and drive!!! It works every time.

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

love the beach! I definitely think our little ones should hang out after yours is born, and if we should decide they should get married, so be it! We're the parents anyways. hehe!