Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh the wonderous joy that a nap can bring....

How is it that I got so lucky to be able to put my little guy down in his crib, give him his bear, say good bye and then walk away as he rolls over to nap? Please don't be cursing me to have a colic baby next, please don't do that to me. But seriously, the two hours I get to myself everyday are priceless. Some days they are spent cleaning, folding laundry or grocery shopping (and no I don't leave him alone when I do that), but at least I can do these things all by myself. Then I have to think, when did my life get to the point where folding laundry by myself became a luxury? I guess as soon as that little guy popped out of me, but I don't mind. Of course there are days where I want to have my own identity back because I've lost in in my unbalanced world that is my life. I always manage to find it somehow and when I do I just feel so much better inside. The other day I found it when my friend took me for a drive in the woods, it was so awesome to see all the magnificent trees towering over us as we cruised along venting about whatever was bothering us, by the time we were done my worries were all gone, thanks friend. Today I will attempt to find myself by writing in my blog, maybe this will work, and maybe I will remained lost until another solution finds it's way into my life. Either way this will get done and so will the laundry, dishes, and feedings that must go on no matter how lost I feel. So I guess my daily goal is to find my identity that is outside being a mom for at least two hours a day, maybe less once the baby comes but I will worry about that when it happens.

1 comment:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

I love blogs! how fun! Check mine out! Luckily my little one still sleeps a lot, but sometimes it's so hard to get anything done around the house, so I know what you mean! hehe.