Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boys Will Defenitly Be Boys

Why is it that boys are always such boys? My 21 month old son's favorite video to watch is a Travis Pastrana dirt bike video. So at least twice a day I must turn it on while his attention span latches onto it for about ten minute intervals, at least it has good music. Then he will proceed to climb up onto the couch and pretend he is on a dirt bike as he yells at the top of his lungs "Dee-Da-Baaaah!!" This is followed by him flinging himself onto the cushions below and sometimes landing on the floor as well. With another boy on the way I can only smile at all of the adventures that are ahead of me. Yes, I know, some will make me cry and long for a calm girl with a pink dress and a pretty bow that sits so nicely on top of her head, but seriously what girl of mine will be calm with a spotless pink dress and a bow that isn't actually lost in the yard. I have to be realistic about these things. For now I love my boy and can't wish for anything more than for him to continue bulldozing me, attacking his poor unborn brother, and flinging himself off the couch. Long live boys.

No comments: